Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls

Post image for Quick Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
Photo from Celiac Teen because mine was awful.

I've been craving cinnamon rolls lately.  I'm not sure why, but I just had to have some.  I was pleasantly surprised when I came across this great blog and recipe at the same time.  These cinnamon rolls are fast, easy, and delicious.

I followed Lauren's recipe pretty closely, so I'm just going to share the link with you if you want to make them.  As you may have noticed, I don't buy different flours yet, so instead of all the flours she listed, I used an all purpose gf flour mixture along with rice flour.  I didn't use xanthan gum, because as I mentioned before, I'm too cheap to buy it and haven't really felt that I need it.  I also didn't use cloves, but that's just a matter of preference.  I don't know what a silpat is, but I used wax paper and it worked just fine.

When I mentioned to my dad that I wanted to make cinnamon rolls he asked me to fedex him some if I did.  I think he may have been joking, but I'm going to overnight him some tomorrow.  I hope he is pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment