Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Thought I Was So Smart...

Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't.

Tonight I'm in Albany for work.  I have an event at 9am tomorrow morning so I came up tonight and I'm staying at the lovely Holiday Inn Express in downtown Albany.  Before my trip I googled gluten free restaurants in the area.  I didn't really come up with anything.  Since I wasn't going to get in until around 8, I decided to just bring gluten free snacks on the train so I wouldn't have to worry about being hungry (and grumpy) on yet another road trip.

Munching away on rice crackers, Cabot cheddar cheese, and carrots and hummus on the train, I thought I was so smart.

Hunkering down in my king sized bed upon arrival I opened the guest services directory as I do at all hotels just for fun.  What did I open it up to?  A few take out menus in the inside pocket before all the useful(less?) hotel information.  Four pizza menus and a chinese.  Not that I was really hungry, but I was sitting and thinking about how I couldn't eat a single thing off those menus when I came across this:


Damn it.  It boasts that it's gluten free pizza crusts are made for them by Laurie's Gluten Free Goodness in Scotia, NY and that each gf pizza is baked separately from their other pizzas on gluten free pans.  I want to try it!  It's too late now.  Just Me Pizza closed one minute ago.  I also don't need an entire pizza for myself and there is no mini fridge in this room.  Not to mention the exuberant price of the pizza - fortunately it'd be on my company (sorry nonprofit company).

Anyway, no pizza for me tonight.  Health wise this is probably for the best.  Hunger wise, those crackers and cheese have worn off and I wish I had a slice - or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment