Thursday, April 7, 2011

Restaurant Review: Friedman's Lunch

Update May 30, 2014: Friedman's now has a second location at 132 West 31st Street.  It's also great.

Friedmans
Photo stolen from their site

I am a little obsessed with Friedman's.  It's called Friedman's Lunch, but they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I've been four times now: three times for dinner, today for lunch, and I just saw they have gluten free pancakes with Vermont maple syrup so I will be back soon for breakfast.

Friedman's is located in Chelsea Market.  It's a cool space with lots of cute little shops, restaurants, and bakeries.  I recommend Friedman's for gluten and non-gluten eating people.  The menu is full of healthy food as well as comfort foods, and most of the menu can be made gluten free.  I've had gluten free spaghetti and meatballs, a turkey burger with avocado aioli on a gluten free bun, a chicken salad sandwich on gluten free bread, turkey chili, and brussels sprouts with honey and pecorino cheese.  These brussels sprouts are delicious and I've had them as a side dish every time.  Everything else was really good too.

Today my brother, an avid gluten eater, had buttermilk fried chicken and mac and cheese.  He was happy.  With my delicious meal I was only slightly jealous of his mac and cheese I couldn't eat.  The pulled pork sandwich (which can be GF, as can the fried chicken) also looks amazing.

I will definitely be back to Friedman's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment