Thursday, September 1, 2011

New York City Wine & Food Festival


If you read my blog maybe you like food.  And wine.  I like both.  Maybe you also like supporting organizations dedicated to fighting hunger.  I know I do.  Maybe you would like to attend a food and wine festival that also helps fight hunger.  You can do this by either buying a ticket to an event at this year's Wine & Food Festival, or if you aren't quite on that financial level, you can volunteer at an event and eat and drink for free (this is my personal choice).

I have volunteered at this festival for the last two years.  If I can, I plan on doing it again this year.  It is a weekend full of really fun events, lots of good food, and plenty of opportunities to see famous chefs.  Best of all, the proceeds of this festival go to the Food Bank For New York City and Share Our Strength, both of which are organizations dedicated to ending food poverty.

Check out the different events here.
You can buy tickets here.
If you are interested in volunteering, fill out this survey or email my friend Brian Pham at the Food Bank.

For my gluten free friends: I cannot guarantee you gluten free food at any of these events, but I can guarantee you'll have fun while doing something good for society.

No comments:

Post a Comment