Monday, September 5, 2011

Easy French Toast

I don't know how to take pictures.  It's really unfortunate.
 I didn't think I needed to write this post, but I'm a little worried you don't know how to make french toast.  I just got back from Labor Day weekend at home in Vermont to an empty fridge.  I had two plain chobani yogurts and some eggs.  Bread in the freezer.  Random things in the cabinets.  I didn't want eggs for dinner so I whipped up some french toast.  Fortunately, I always have real Vermont maple syrup in my fridge.  This recipe serves one, feel free to double, triple, or quadruple it.

Ingredients:
2 slices (gf) bread
1 egg
several shakes of cinnamon
maple syrup

Directions:
In a flat dish combine the egg and cinnamon.  Coat the bread on both sides with the egg mixture.  Cook on both sides over medium heat until golden brown.  Enjoy with maple syrup.  Done.  Phew, easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment