Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sprinkles Cupcakes


I had never heard of Sprinkles Cupcakes before, but as soon as I heard they had gluten free cupcakes I obviously had to try it.  Apparently Sprinkles is "the original cupcake bakery" and has locations all over the country.  The one in New York is located on 60th and 3rd Ave.  I had actually walked past it recently but kept on going assuming they wouldn't have anything gluten free.  Silly me.

Sprinkles has several cupcake flavors which they vary daily.  They only have one gluten free option, red velvet, but don't worry, it's available every day.  While red velvet isn't generally my favorite flavor, this cupcake was quite good.  The cake part was moist, the frosting was delicious, and overall it wasn't too sweet.  I went with three gluten eating friends who all got different flavors and enjoyed theirs as well.

Mine is the one labeled G - as in Gluten Free

I'd say this was a pretty good find.  Maybe too good of a find since it is located at such a convenient location, right by my train to Queens.  With all these new gluten free treats available I'm going to have to start learning some self control, which has never really been my strong suit.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment