Monday, July 25, 2011

Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones at Sustainable NYC


Saturday was one of the hottest days of the year here in NYC with temperatures rising above 100 and not a cloud in sight.  My dear friend Morgan told me about a store in the east village that has gluten free ice cream cones and Saturday was the perfect afternoon for us to try them.

Sustainable NYC is a store boasting local, organic, fair trade, recycled, re-purposed, biodegradable, and alterative energy products and gifts for women, men, kids, babies, and pets.  They also have a café in the back with fair trade & organic coffee and vegan soups, snacks, baked goods, and ice cream.  I was there for the ice cream, not because it was vegan, but because of the gluten free cones!  In fact, I didn’t even know the ice cream was vegan while I was eating it.  Morgan and I both got peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream.  It was delicious.  Not only didn’t I notice that the ice cream was vegan, but the cone tasted just like a regular sugar cone.  They didn’t even charge me extra for it, I don’t think.

I highly recommend this little treat for any gluten free, vegan, hippie, or regular Joe that isn’t squeamish about trying new things.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the best ice cream I have ever had....and I am not gluten free or vegan!

    ReplyDelete