Friday, June 24, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

(Someone please teach me how to take pictures so I can stop stealing them from the internet.)
I love warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven.  Before going gluten free my baking specialty was chocolate chip cookies.  I say specialty, but really the recipe came from the back of the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip package.  I was so nervous they wouldn't be the same that I avoided making them for the last 9 months since I went gluten free.

I finally made them last week though.  I decided to just follow the recipe like I always had while swapping the flour and hoping for the best.  Phew, they were still delicious.  Whether you need gluten free or just regular chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is so easy and really good. 

Anya's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies (i.e. Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies)
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (for gf I used 1 1/2 Bob's Red Mill and 3/4 rice flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (12 ounce) package Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions: 
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees 
2) Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl
3) Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl
4) Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg
5) Gradually beat in flour mixture
6) Stir in chocolate chips
7) Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet
8) Bake for 9 minutes (they say 9-11 minutes, I suggest 8-9 minutes to make them extra gooey)

Honestly, these cookies are amazing.  Go make them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment