Monday, January 5, 2015

Baking Mixes from Ardenne Farm



Last week I received a box of samples from Ardenne Farm.  Included was gluten free pancake mix, chocolate chip cookie mix, and chocolate cookie mix.  They arrived at my office and when I showed my coworkers they all agreed to help me taste test the cookies.

I went home that night and set to work making the cookies.  Regular cookies are so easy and fun to make I'm quick to judge cookies mixes, but these turned out fantastic.  They were very easy to make and came out great.  The chocolate chip cookies were soft and chewy, just how I like them.  The chocolate cookies turned out a bit flat and crisp, but I think that was my fault for having the butter too soft.  Either way, they tasted great.

I brought both kinds of cookies to work the next day and my coworkers were very happy with them.  They all exclaimed how good they were and that they couldn't even tell they were gluten free.  They devoured them within hours and were pretty upset when I didn't have more to bring in the next day.

I made the pancakes at home this weekend and was pleasantly surprised but how light and fluffy they were.  My GF pancakes always tend to come out really thin so it was a nice change.

They have a lot of other mixes including fudge brownies, sugar cookies, and blueberry muffins.  I would definitely recommend these mixes to anyone looking for some semi-homemade treats.  They can be found at select locations or online.


No comments:

Post a Comment