Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fort Collins, Colorado


Hey guys.  Thanks for still reading my blog even though I've sucked at posting on it.  It was a busy summer, I spent many weekends away, work is busy, blah blah blah.  Anyway, I wanted to post real quick in case you happen to be in Fort Collins, Colorado and don't know what to eat.

My dad and I used to fly to Fort Collins a lot when I was growing up to visit my grandmother who had Alzheimer's.  We stayed with my aunt and cousins and during our many trips out there we developed a few favorite places to go.  We went back recently to visit and clearly had to hit our old stomping grounds.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to eat anything at any of the places we used to go, but it turns out I was able to eat at all three.  Fort Collins - winning my heart once again.

Young's Cafe - Vietnamese food.  They now have gluten free sauces on their menu.

The Rio - Actually called Rio Grande, they have delicious Mexican food, a pretty good margarita, and a gluten free menu.

Walrus Ice Cream - Right next door to the Rio for an after dinner treat.  Homemade ice cream with gluten free cones available.

I'm sure there are many more places with gluten free menus in Fort Collins, but these happen to be the restaurants of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment